In Collaboration with the City of Los Angeles Councilmember Bernard Parks
2014 NAACP THEATRE FESTIVAL
September 12-14 2014
Enjoy Our “Salute to Black Theatre”
Enjoy hundreds of competing dramas, comedies and musicals from Los Angeles Local Theatre to Equity Theatre to Theatre on Broadway! Participate in our annual theatre festival and join a night with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood as the NAACP Theatre Awards pays tribute to Black Theatre
Opening Night VIP Gala
First Time Playwright
Seven 2012 NAACP Theatre Award Nominations and Three 2012 NAACP Theatre Award Wins.
Sept 11, 2014 Press Night
September 12, 2014 Opening Night
September 13, 2014
September 14, 2014
Carl Gilliard hosts
The 2014 Beverly Hills/Hollywood NAACP
Theatre Festival “10-Minute Plays”
10 Minute Plays Entry Rules/Guidelines
Last Call for Play Submissions – Submit before July 10, 2014 for Consideration
Carl Gilliard, Actor
- Your entry must have a Cover Letter (complete with e-mail address and a direct telephone number).
- Character Breakdown page (2-6 characters).
- Brief Synopsis page.
- The play (number each page, No more than ten pages. Font; Arial or Times New Roman. Font size should be standard 12’).
- Minimal props and costumes (this is Black Box style).
- No use of the “N” word, limited violence if any and please no profanity.
- Staple or paperclip the play (no use of folders or binders of any kind (Plays cannot be returned. If you would like assurance that your play was received please enclose an (SASE) Self Addressed tamped Envelope
Only 20 plays will be selected for the festival by our Theatre Festival Committee and if your play is selected you will be notified July 15, 2014 Authors may submit multiple plays but each play must be accompanied by $20.00 ENTRY FEE. If selected you may provide your own cast/director.
If you need actors for your piece we offer our Actors Pool Service. Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked on or before June 30, 2014 (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Submit your play to be a part of the 10-Minute Plays portion of our annual Theatre Festival
Kim Jackson, Producer